Frequently asked questions
FAQ: Shouldn't Muslims follow the tradition of
A: NO! Circumcision is not actually decreed by the
Qur'an; it doesn't mention anything about genital cutting for
The Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) Himself was never circumcised.
only in Sunnah, or man-made interpretations of how best to live
like the Prophet Mohammed, that genital mutilation is even
The Qur'an does say the body is made perfect by god and needs no alteration:
- 3:191 Our Lord, you have not created all this in vain! Glory to you! Protect us
from the punishment of the fire.
- 4:119 God condemned him and he (Satan) said:
"I will surely recruit a definite share of Your worshipers.
I will mislead them; I will entice them; I will command them to
marking the ears of livestock; I will command them to distort
the creation of God." Anyone who accepts the devil as lord,
instead of God, has incurred a profound loss.
- 15:28-29 Your Lord said to the angels, "I am creating
a human being from aged mud, like the potter's clay.
Once I perfect him, and blow into him from My
spirit, you shall fall prostrate before him."
- 27:88 Allah who has 'perfected everything' (He created).
- 30:30 No change should there be in the creation of Allah.
- 32:7 He is the One who perfected
everything He created, and started the creation of the human
- 40:64 Allah perfected your forms.
- 67:3 You will not see any flaw in what the Lord of Mercy
- 82:7-8 The One who created you, designed
you, and perfected you. In whatever design He chose, He
- 95:4 We created man in the best design.
Leave him perfect; leave him
See also QuranicPath.com